Pre-Purchase Timber Pest Inspections
Buying a property and need a timber pest inspection?
After the inspection, you will receive a written report which we can also forward directly to your settlement agent. We will also give you a call to explain the findings and recommendations so you are clear about any termite risk on the property.
We can send your report directly to your agent within 24 hours of the inspection (often sooner).
The short answer is from $220. The time it will take us to do the inspection will depend on the size of your property, the number of buildings and the type of construction. You can request a quote or contact us for more information.
We need to know:
- Your name, contact number, email address;
- The address of the property to be inspected;
- The name and contact number for the authorised person who will be in attendance and provide access to the property; and
- The email of all parties you would like to receive a copy of the report.
We also advise purchasers to request property owners provide details of past termite treatments.
We can usually schedule a timber pest inspection within 3 working days of booking and have the report to your agents within 24 hours of the inspection (often sooner). If time is of the essence, let us know and we’ll do everything we can to accommodate, including sending the report directly to your agent.
Unfortunately NO. Why? Because termites build nests in trees and underground, forage for suitable timber to sustain their queen and colony, can enter a building at any time and in areas that are not always visible. When a pest technician does an inspection they:
- Are vigilant in their search for evidence of termite activity and report their observations;
- Notify you of conditions that may make the property you want to purchase more susceptible to termite issues; and
- Recommend steps you can take to reduce susceptibility.
We offer a professional inspection by a fully qualified technician to Australian Standards (AS 4349.3-2010).